Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Leadership Project

Today we are leaving for the Summer Leadership Project.  As most of you know, Wyatt and I met on our first "beach project" 3 years ago while working together at McDonald's.  I can't begin to explain how influential that summer was on us... and not only because we met each other! :)  We both grew so much in our understand of God's character, how to study His word, pray and share our faith.  I wouldn't have traded that training for anything in the world, because it gave me a great foundation for the rest of my life.  That's why I am so excited about all the students from UGA, Georgia Tech and North Georgia that are going with us.  I can't only hope and pray that it will be as beneficial for them as it has been for me.  

To get a better idea of what the Summer Leadership Project is all about, check out the video below. 


Summer Leadership Project 2010 from Campus Outreach ATL on Vimeo.

I'm excited for the opportunity to return to Panama City Beach as staff on the SLP.  Even though we won't be working minimum-wage jobs with the students, we will definitely still be busy.  For example, Wyatt is the Jobs Coordinator... more affectionately known as "The Job Father".  He is responsible for lining up jobs for all 100 students and staying connected with all of the employers.  Also, he will be giving training talks every Sunday night about "Stewardship".  He is mainly talking about how to be good managers of the time and money that God has given us.  We have both already learned so much just from his preparation.  I'm excited to see how this training influences the students to be responsible and God-honoring with their time and money during college and into their careers.  

The SLP is definitely one of my favorite parts about our job!  We are so blessed.  We get to spend a month at the beach loving on college students and growing in our relationships with God..  I don't think it could get much better than that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment