Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Easter!

I should just say "Happy Spring" because it has been almost a month sense Easter, but oh well! This was probably my favorite Easter yet. Friday night, we went to the Good Friday service at Christ Community.. And wow! We are so blessed, our band is amazing! Then, we went down to my parents house on Saturday to celebrate with family… and it was so much fun. We went to 2 Easter egg hunts with all the kids and they loved it. And my brother practically did a photo shoot in the backyard.


Clockwise: Me, Sam (my nephew), Wyatt, Daniel (my nephew), My Dad,
Courtney (my sister), Anna (my sister in law), Avery (my niece)

When he heard the "say cheese", Daniel (left) spit his gum at the photographer...
which of course made us laugh for a while

My brother was calling this the sorority pose... she is too cute!

Last but not least, the best picture of the day....
Ryan (left) & Hunter (right) fighting over the car.
I don't know that I have ever laughed so hard! Look at the panic on Ryan's face, priceless.

Then, Sunday we spent the day in the hammock resting and spending time with Jesus. I was pretty blown away with the fact that He is risen.. He beat sin and death.. He is victorious forever! And because of that one event in history my life will never be the same... Thanks Jesus.

In all the excitement of the weekend I realized on Sunday morning that we completely forgot to do Easter baskets for each other… maybe adults aren't supposed to get Easter baskets?! But this was certainly my first Easter without one. Everyone says I'm still just a little kid… I guess they are right! I'm still craving those delicious Reese's Easter Eggs... guess I will have to wait for the pumpkins at Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I can't wait to keep up with you via our blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete