Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Oh.. It's magic!

I think I have discovered my new favorite food.. Peanut Butter Magic Cookies. If you like ooey gooey cookies and reese's cups... this cookie would blow you away!  I found the recipe in one of my favorite cook books, The Bright Family Cookbook.  It was given to us as a wedding present and we use the recipes in it all the time, especially for sweets.  Thanks Shelley, Jordan, and Mrs. Bright for enlightening me to my new favorite food! 



As you can tell, they have a fantastic gooey peanut butter center.  My favorite part :)


Recipe for Peanut Butter Magic Cookies
Filling: 
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar 

Cookie Dough: 
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar 
1/2 cup butter/margarine, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter 
1-1/2 cup flour 
1/2 cup cocoa 
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla 
1 egg 

  • Combine filling ingredients & blend well.  Form into approximately 30 (1-inch) balls.  Set aside. 
  • Beat sugars, margarine, and peanut butter until light & fluffy. 
  • Add the rest of the ingredients.  Blend well.  
  • With floured hands, take about 1tbsp. cookie dough and wrap around peanut butter ball, covering completely. 
  • Place 2'' apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  
  • Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar (or flatten with your hands as your cover them with dough). 
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment